In 2013 the Government started extra funding for schools under the name of Sports Premium. This funding goes directly to primary school head teachers to be spent on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. The Sports Premium allocation is £16,000 for each school plus an additional £10 per pupil.
Gamesley Primary School’s allocation for the academic year 2022/23 is £18,420.
Our plans for this academic year include:
- Motivating children to take part in sporting activities
- Widening the range of sporting opportunities both in lessons, at break times and through after school clubs
- Taking part in a wide range of sporting fixtures
- Paying for specialist sports coaches
- Improving the quality of the equipment we have in school.
Here is our outline strategic plan for developing sport in school this year:
See our evidence plan below for more details of how we spent the funding in previous years.