At Gamesley Primary School we use an online scheme called “Project Evolve” to deilver our on-line safety lessons.
“Project EVOLVE” is designed to equip children to cope with the ever changing landscape on line landscape. Eight strands cover all aspects of online life and are taught with fidelity in each year group:
- Self Image and Identity: shaping online identities and how media impacts on gender and stereotypes
- Managing Online Relationships: relationships and behaviours that may lead to harm and how positive online interaction can empower and amplify voice.
- Online Reputation: strategies to manage personal digital content effectively and capitalise on technology’s capacity to create effective positive profiles
- Online Bullying: strategies for effective reporting and intervention and how bullying and other aggressive behaviour relates to legislation
- Managing Online Information: offers strategies for effective searching, critical evaluation and ethical publishing
- Health, Wellbeing and Lifestyle: understanding negative behaviours and issues amplified and sustained by online technologies and the strategies for dealing with them
- Privacy and Security: behavioural and technical strategies to limit impact on privacy and protect data and systems against compromise.
- Copyright and Ownership: protecting personal content and crediting the rights of others as well as addressing potential consequences of illegal access, download and distribution.